View Single Post
Unread 08-31-2005, 02:31 PM   #15
Marci
Cooling Savant

Well, my kid arrived, and my first bike arrived shortly afterwards... guess I've got it lucky...

Tis an `89 NS125R-K...

That was her in her stock form - no pix of her currently. Not a lot's changed visually.
Restrictor plates removed... Exhaust has been swapped out for an MBX125 Micron Performance Pipe... main jet up'd from 110 to 128, airbox removed and K&N Filter fitted... will overbore and skim when I get chance / finances... originally did 70mph tops when I got her, now does 95mph. Lotsa midrange and topend. Lost a lot of bottom end when I swapped off the exhaust, but the original was 95% weld, 4% rust, 1% air so it had to go. MBX pipe was just handy at the time, so since then been tweaking her to run happily with it. Wants main jet upping a bit more and pilot jet looking at, but when it's my only form of transportation, getting chance to get on with it is rare...

I also race MiniMoto Sidecars... me on the right hangin' out the side...

`05 CBR125 engine fitted into custom made chassis with 6" Kart Rims and tyres. Independant front and back brakes. Overbored and skimmed, race tuned, hand-made ram-air fitted, got a Rotrex C15 supercharger on the way for it... at the mo it'll manage just short of 90mph with topend gearing and two onboard, but circuits we race on and fuel tank capacity restricts us, so tend to be set up for 70mph tops with lotsa bottom end. We're currently leading the British Championship 4T class... and going off points from last round are now unbeatable, so unofficially, we've got the championship nailed. Only outfits on the track faster than us are the highly tuned 2stroke F1 and F2 outfits... we're 0.53 secs off the pace from those... but 4stroke 125cc is rarely a match for expertly tuned 2stroke 80cc. No need to worry about those tho, as they ain't in our class. S'just fun chasing em...!

Looking to move on the NS125R soon and pick up a Cag Mito Evo... get test passed (finances are only thing preventing) then have me eyes on a ZZR400.
Marci is offline   Reply With Quote