View Single Post
Unread 04-02-2003, 01:03 PM   #15
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

With a good relay, you shouldn't burn your PSU if the pump is unplugged, as there wouldn't be any 120VAC passthrough ... but without knowing the exact setup of your relay, that is a concern. As far as the premade kits, you can always purchase a three prong female 120VAC plug and wire that directly into the three screw connectors on that kit I referred to above. That costs about $1.50 for the plug. Then you can just plug the pump into the card without cutting your pump's cables ... I did something similar by modding a power strip when I installed a dimmer for my 120VAC fans ... I modified the cable going to the power strip and put the dimmer inline there, leaving me with a dimmed power supply that I could just plug my fans into. There was no way in hell I was going to modify such expensive fans. All I have to do is plug in the power strip (the dimmer circuit is mounted externally and the strip is internal), plug the fans into that, and I have speed-regulated AC fans.
#!/bin/sh {who;} {last;} {pause;} {grep;} {touch;} {unzip;} mount /dev/girl -t {wet;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} echo yes yes yes {yes;} umount {/dev/girl;zip;} rm -rf {wet.spot;} {sleep;} finger: permission denied
airspirit is offline   Reply With Quote