View Single Post
Unread 02-17-2003, 02:22 PM   #2
deeppow
Cooling Neophyte

Hummm, I like this idea. But then I'm very new to this forum as you'll note.

I've worked in the thermal sciences for 20+ years and have to say the information age has its serious downside. Last time I looked, the time needed for available information to double was < 5 years and that involved journals and other "official" type publications. You could spend all your time staying current, much less doing real work.

The WWW must be far worse and there are few if any filters applied to most of the info being placed here (the WWW). I have no doubt that the crap far outweighs that of any value. Stepping up to this task is NOT for the faint of heart and would require significant resources!!

One might pick a particular area to gain a little understanding of how difficult it might be. Those that helped would have to do it for the love of the subject. Could make a site that is successful a resource for all those interested in the subject.

Last edited by deeppow; 02-17-2003 at 02:29 PM.
deeppow is offline   Reply With Quote