View Single Post
Unread 04-01-2003, 06:48 PM   #14
UnloadeD
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by CheeseBall
Unloaded I like the way it works, but I dunno if I wanna try it. Can you post more details of how exactly you did it? I have done some automotive and home electrical wiring but the thing is I dunno if I wanna open up my PS.

Oh yeah, and is there a good way that isn't too complicated to power the pump w/ your PS while using a switch and relay. And not opening up the PS? I don't wanna get to advanced so I'm guessing probably not.
Hey, I'm not trying to knock you, but if the pictures don't make sense to you, you prolly shouldn't be trying this yourself. The line voltage can be dangerous to you, your puter and even your house. Its a very simple mod if you have basic electrical skills. If you know somebody who is familiar with electricity show them the pics, and then have them do it for you and explain as they go. Having said that, there are some relay kits you can buy and use without opening your psu. But like airspirit said, you will still have to splice your pumps wires and use a pass thru. This will leave you with 2 power cords coming out of the back, also it would be possible to run (fry) your puter witht he pump unplugged. And lastly, you are still dealing with line voltage, so the danger factor is still there. No matter which route you go, get some help. There's no shame in it, we were all taught this stuff by somebody. Learning about fan and led voltages is fine for message boards, but you really need somebody there with you once you start on higher AC voltages.

peace.
unloaded
UnloadeD is offline   Reply With Quote