View Single Post
Unread 08-31-2004, 11:34 PM   #216
whitestick
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpsh
Thanks for the info, I've just upgraded and it went without a hitch Having said that, I'd caution anyone about turning on SSL before the jvm is enabled and the server restarted - I needed a reset to be able get back in, doh!

I would also re-iterate that the hardware version needs setting back to the orginal version as soon as the upgrade kicks off - don't wait for it to end because the server restarts automatically.

For anyone reading phaedrus's post who isn't familiar with the debug page, typing "?" brings up a list of commands, including "bios unlock" and "bios lock" which you need to be able change the hardware version.

Now, if only SSL wasn't so slow........
Well, in spite of all your warnings, i was too slow to re-enable the hardware version, and it rebooted before I did it. Thus, I now have a similar version of his original boat anchor. Were you able to find out how to get it back to a bootable condition, or how he was able to remove the bios, as he mentioned. Unfortunately, it appears just redoing the hard drive won't do it, as the new version information is now in nvram, and I have to get it up, to make that change, and so the circle turns.
whitestick is offline   Reply With Quote