View Single Post
Unread 09-13-2002, 09:21 AM   #20
mo
Cooling Savant

Would someone correct me if Im completely off?
My watercooling setup is using 0.5'' tubes. That means I need 0.5 " fittings on everything. On the radiator end Im going with one of two options :

A 2 pass heatercore 2inches thick with 5/8 and 3/4 fittings reduced to 0.5". Thats really good since the increase in tube size from fitting will decrease the pressure of the water even more making it stay even longer in the Rad and cool down more.

A transmission cooler coil thats the same size and 3/8 tube with a soldered 0.5" fitting. If it wasnt for the tube size Id try it simply because the Anodized Aluminum fins look sharp and its supposed to cool down just as well as a heatercoil. But the fact that the tube is smaller than the fitting Im worried the water will just go through the rad too fast to cool down. My idea was to use a Y , with a 0.5 to 2X 3/8 outlets to run two of them in parallel. That should slow down water even more than the heatercore and then slap 2 High speed Panaflos behind them to cool them down.

What do you think? Just return the cooler coil and get the heatercore or is it with the shot?
mo is offline   Reply With Quote