View Single Post
Unread 04-04-2003, 12:48 PM   #6
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Quote:
Originally posted by Cova
Just curious - you doing these with your mill at home, or your super-engraving tool at work (from Rev 2)?
Engraver at work. I told the boss I needed to send our bits off to be sharpened and he said we had a bit sharpener in the basement. I went down there and moved some boxes out of the way and sure enough! I sharpened up the .010 bit and the base came out awsome. A lot better than the REV 2.0 as the bit was dull on that one. I also adjusted for the offset and made the cuts deeper as the angle on the bit is sharper.

Bit style used: http://www.bitsbits.com/profilerpage2.html

I am tapping the holes in the base and have to cut the top peice out on the laser. After that I just need to lap the base (which I will do here today, tap the barb holes (tonight at home), and seal it up (tonight at ahome). The base looks great. That machine is just amazing how perfect it makes the cuts with such fine detail. Will have some pics up tonight or tomorrow of REV. 3.0.

Love these days when all the work orders are complete and no one bothers to come in as it is Friday.
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote