View Single Post
Unread 11-29-2002, 03:58 PM   #42
Puzzdre
Cooling Savant

The problem with the barbs is in 5 mm thick (or better, thin) top, and that 3/8 thread. The thread should be more dense for that thickness of the top...But lot's of teflon solved it (I was ready to epoxy bloody things when it worked at last...you must scare them to behave properly )...

Dunno what to say, I'm 'satisfied' for now, but not completely happy...:shrug: ...actually, I got that feeling that I should rebuild the complete system, than judge, cos' being here at the forums for several months now, I learned much to see all the flaws in my current setup. I guess that this block could do better with the right tubing size, not-kinked-outlet tubing with the proper Y, and a better pump. I didn't have time to try to measure (the fill-the-bucket method ) the flow, but testing the block for leaks in kitchen sink, and comparing it with the one we made in first attempt, this one is much more restrictive. Although, it works better, but not in the temps range I expected it to be, more like 30 C idle...

It's better than first one, and I'll keep it for now. Guess the first one we made would be good with pelt, but cannot try it (no pelt )...

It was worth the try, maybe mk3 will be little better (gonna try that deeper in the middle, shallower towards the outlets thing)...

This one is like this: center of the block is 3 mm base, first circle is 4.5 mm, second 3.5 mm, third 2.5 mm and last (outer circle) is 2 mm base. Toward the outlets I raised the base thickness for 1.5 mm, from 2 mm to 3.5 mm.

Maybe this circular pattern is not the right way to go, or I just don't know how to 'open' it good for flow...