View Single Post
Unread 06-16-2004, 09:13 AM   #20
starbuck3733t
Cooling Savant

Zee updates!

Some of these are more for my/the powdercoaters reference (plugging holes) than actual interesting shots, but here's what goliath starts to look like when you really rip it apart.

Showing the orientation of the drive cage pieces, has a P/N (Left being the near piece looking into the mobo side) and an arrow indicating "Down" Direction.

Looking down onto the top of the case, noting which holes to plug so that the case can be riveted back together when the time comes.

Noting hole plug locations in the motherboard tray.

Nothing hole/rivet locations in the front panel/drive cage access.

Since I can now fill/smooth the rear of the case with jbweld (aka powdercoatable bondo), I fabricated a new plate that goes all the way to the right edge. The old one didnt. No fan hole created yet as I still have to determine the fan mounting scheme, and go to an octagonal hole to show off as much of the aluminum L1A's frame as possible. I've decided against a finger guard.

Speaking of fingers... (No the fan didn't do this to me)... I think the blood sacrifice was my payment for such good luck w\ the powdercoater and the case in general as of late. This is actually the first time I've sliced myself working on goliath.

That's all... once the back panel is filled/smooth, the whole shabang goes off to the powdercoaters for a nice coat of black. The only things that are getting a gloss black are going to be the mobo I/O port & card area, and the bracket that holds the PSU. everything else is getting a flat black.
Goliath: 3.4E@3.91/Abit IC7, Maze4 (temporarily) + custom splitter to crazy 4-way watercooling parallel loop: X800XT @ 520/1280 + AC Twinplex, AC Twinplex Northbridge, Silenstar Dual HDD Cooler, Eheim1250, '85 econoline van HC + 2x120, 1x120 exhaust - polished aluminum frame panaflo L1As, 2x18GB 10K RPM U160 SCSI, 4GB PC4000.

I wanna be BladeRunner when I grow up!

Project Goliath - nearing completion.
starbuck3733t is offline   Reply With Quote