View Single Post
Unread 02-08-2004, 02:40 PM   #115
tobyed2
Cooling Neophyte

Default It doesnt boot now !

Got all my kit in the case too, tested outstide case for 24 hours. I put it all in the case and found the GPU clips poking into the 2 pci slot down (!), I undid the first clip to rotate then thought "Ah, change soundcard with network card" NIC being a smaller card the clips on GPU go clear it. Retightened clip on GPU. Turned case upright, AH !! A LEAK. A small drop off (very obvious luminous green) water fell on the bottom of the case. It wasnt a vast amount, size of a little toe nail. Discovered coming from GPU clip, hadnt tightened it enough. Moped up water from around hose (it collected on the edge of the GPU block and dropped down). Couldnt find any other "dampness". Put everything in case. And turned on.

First of all had post beep, but no graphics, turned off machine.

Reseated graphics card, no post beep, still no graphics (card dry), fans/pump going.

Took out graphics card replaced with known working one (not water cooled).

Still no graphics, now machine doesnt even come on ! The red HD led falashes once, then nothing ...

I have tried my CPU in my other machine and it works, just in case it fried (didnt think it had but you never know).

I guess I must have some water still somewhere ... Will it evaporate ? How can I get rid ?

It was all going so well :''
tobyed2 is offline   Reply With Quote