View Single Post
Unread 09-26-2004, 10:20 AM   #25
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pHaestus
Damn you Bill and your user friendliness! Don't you know that everyone here likes to turn their entire PC sideways and shake it repeatedly? I use a paint mixer personally...

I have always filled my systems before I mounted them in a case so I could properly shake them and get the air out of the system. But that's a pain in the ass, and NOT what someone new to wcing or buying a kit wants to see. Furthermore not many such users WILL do this. So a radiator design that more effectively clears all the air from the rad will have a bigger impact on cooling performance than any tweaks on fin density or other consideration.
I still fail understand why you need to shake the rad and what not. I never have any trouble with air stuck in the rad and I never go through such a ritual.

Anyway, are these rads aluminum or not? If so how many newbs would stick a brass barb in those holes being there seems to be some resistance against using plastic barbs around here..... And would copper/brass be better than Aluminum overall.

Also shouldn't a good professional kit be pre-filled? I know I wouldn't trust people filling their own systems if they never done it before.....
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote