View Single Post
Unread 08-19-2003, 12:10 PM   #75
Boli
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by Shreder-X
i am a little confused since i cannot tell from your photo did you put a pen cap into the res floating at the top of the water. Or is it inserted into the intake valve hampering how much water can travel through it?
Its a pen CASE for one. (Think on those see through Biro pen cases with just the end swan off) and it is just dropped into the intake value - restriting the flow I know - but it serves its main purpose of stoping the flow of water HIT the surface and makes sure the water comeing in goes DIRECTLY into the water in the res - no dropping. It initially was set without it and the impact of the water falling on the surface creates turbulence and thus bubbles.

I can't show you a better pic unfortunaly without taking my entire system apart .

JCYC5: that would work but you'll hit the same problem I faced with the drop in the water.

If I had the money and the capabilities I would create another 1/2" barb which its screw end extened well into the the res. This would help the restriction in flow.

In my res the water goes down (helped by gravity) to the pump and automatically primes the thing and the air trapped in the water goes upwards. So in my oppinion the thing may not be the perfect airtrap/res but it is damn good at both.

Like I said I was chuffed when this all worked so smoothly as I just put the things in for asthectics and worked from there .

~ Boli
Boli is offline   Reply With Quote