View Single Post
Unread 10-22-2002, 10:26 AM   #114
bigben2k
Responsible for 2%
of all the posts here.

Thanks to everyone for your help, this couldn't be done without you!
CAD drawings and renders: Utabintarbo
Milling: Fixittt
Cube res drawing: Morphling1
cutting blade link: gone_fishin

and everyone else who participated: Puzzdre, MeltMan, myv65, Cathar, MadDogMe, fresno12, Can O' Beans, Dix Dogfight, Arcturius, N8 and #Rotor.

Fixittt, yeah, I guess that we could run some flow test, in an all acrylic prototype block. I already have a fair idea of how it's going to turn out, but I could be off: I'm not briefed on fluid dynamics beyond what plumbers should be. I was thinking about throwing some sparkly stuff in the water (inspired by my stepdaughter )!

I've cut acrylic panels before, with a jigsaw, and I found that there is a specific range of feed rate that will keep the blade clear. Trial and error?

3/64 is 1.19mm. 1/16 is 1.587 mm. I've already established that 1/16 is too much. At 3/64, the 4th set of fins (psychadelic red)turns into "pointy thing", plus it will throw off the nozzle. I'd rather stick to 1 mm, as much as possible.

A dime, huh? That would make a neat saw blade... (NOT!)

Some progress: I picked up a foot of braided 1 1/2 ID (2" OD) tubing. It came on a roll so I have to straighten it out, but otherwise, that's the flow outlet.

MadDogMe: I thought about that, but the amount of copper left from all the cross cuts, would leave the core bare. There's no point in having any fins at all, if they don't cover the core.
bigben2k is offline   Reply With Quote