View Single Post
Unread 10-21-2004, 09:51 AM   #17
DDogg
Cooling Neophyte

Update:

As I was retiring around 2 AM, my inlet temp showed as 27C. This was after throwing what SiSoft estimated as 180-200 watts into the ground loop for around 9 hours. I don't know if the thermistor I'm using is actually reporting the correct temp, but for comparison purposes that was a rise of 2C from my freshly filled starting point 9 hours previous.

Before going to bed I setup the machine at 2.00 actual VCore as reported by 8rdavcore. This was a bios setting of 2.1 volts VCore. SiSoft showed 180 watts estimated wattage. I set it running Prime95. I has some worry that the temps might continue to rise above 27C.

This morning, 6 hours later, I was pleased to see Prime95 still running and the inlet temp was still at 27C.

Given that the temp did not rise in 6 hours after a 9 hour previous input of the approximate same SiSoft estimated wattage, I think one could then start to conjecture that this small butterfly ground loop can dissipate the estimated 180 watts reported by SiSoft.

As I said before, the SiSoft number may not be the real wattage, but I would think it would serve as a portable comparison reference for others. Comments on that, or suggestions for properly measuring the wattage input to the ground loop?

I would like some help on how to pin down the loops max dissipation potential in case I use it to sink the heat from a TEC in-line chiller.
DDogg is offline   Reply With Quote