View Single Post
Unread 05-28-2004, 01:59 AM   #49
Incoherent
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathar
In reverse? Meaning a group of jets targetted down in between pins? Something like the NeXXoS does? Works pretty well actually going by the NeXXoS's performance. The NeXXoS is tuned for low flows and is overly restrictive, stopping the jet impingement activity from properly developing. Would need to open it up a little bit to get it to fly better.
I was thinking simply pushing the water backwards through the block, inlet becomes outlet and vice versa. Thing is, it seems to me that the cascade has one of the highest surface areas for a given die coverage, and it's inherently turbulent. Of course it would be sub-optimal (jet height particularly, no forced flow into the cup rims etc) but by removing the jet impingement part of the equation it would be possible to quantify the "jet impingement" effect. It's been debated before but the question remains about whether it is true "jet impingement" I was convinced for a while, because of cascades performance delta but this new block can not be impinging in the strictly correct sense so it makes me wonder.
Incoherent is offline   Reply With Quote