View Single Post
Unread 03-22-2006, 10:59 AM   #127
bobkoure
Cooling Savant

Default Re: The "Heater Core Cross Reference" is down, any alternatives?

I suspect that, given the current state of made-for-pc-cooling radiators (IMHO very good) there will only be a few folks interested - and those are likely to be fairly hardcore - so maybe just leave it like that, if someone's really interested they'll probably want everything anyway.

All that said, the one HC/shroud combination I prefer is the mercury montego core with a Coolingworks shroud. The shroud makes mounting the combo no harder than a made-for-pc radiator. And the montego core has 1/2" inlet and outlet pipes. They angle a bit, but all you have to do is cut 'em off and smooth off the cut (no soldering or plumbers goop, no ugly 3/4" to 1/2" adapter). I've used 'em with 3/8" ID soft silicone hose, with no problem.

Hmmm... I just did a search for the Coolingworks "chevette" shroud. It doesn't look like any merchants are carrying this. Erik or Bill - got somewhere to point folks at for these? Or has this been discontinued? I bought a few extra the last time I was in a spate of PC building so it's been some while since I looked 'em up...

Last edited by bobkoure; 07-24-2007 at 01:18 PM.
bobkoure is offline   Reply With Quote