View Single Post
Unread 02-20-2004, 03:57 PM   #81
SysCrusher
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pHaestus
syscrusher you can't simply post a basic equation and then back away. DO model the double impingement mathematically and produce optimum design as a function of water velocity and baseplate thickness. Especially with nothing more than a calc of those two numbers

Hint: it isn't a currently solvable problem mathematically
LOL ok pHaestus. My humble apologies for the little girl remark. I'll admit, that I was a bit rude on my part. But I still stand in my opinions and everyone has one.

I have modeled the impingement mathematically and have been over it and over it. I won't sit here and go through it with you just for your proof as I assume your just as well versed in it as I am. Neither will I play the "Who's smarter or better" game. Base plate thickness is just another variable in the "whole picture of the block" that one can tailor to benefit the impingement you have. Design the impingement based on the flow/velocity/pressure and use baseplate/furniture to benefit that. With all the different systems and flow rates, the problem becomes unsolvable mathematically - I agree. What it can do is get you somewhere close with the constants you have as a reference point to work from.
SysCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote