View Single Post
Unread 10-19-2004, 04:57 PM   #1
DDogg
Cooling Neophyte

Default Just 8-10 sub ambient without condensation? - added - I did the groundloop w/ pics

Edit/Add: I did the groundloop, see below for pics.

I'm looking for just a 8-10 degree sub ambient solution without any worries of condensation. I don't know if theses questions can be answered, or have been before, but hope some replies might help my learning curve. Most of the stuff turned up with search seems to all be about sub zero cooling. I only need 8 c less, not 50 . On to the problem and question.

I can comfortably run 2860 MHz at 2.125 bios VCore when my inlet temps are around 22-23c to my 6002-A. Unfortunately, this room stays about 27-28c which causes my daily inlet temps to a 6002-A to be around 30-31 after several hours of max CPU temp stabilization on my daily setting. SiSoft show 168 watts. ['comfortable' to me is =< 48c]

Since I know inlet temps of 22-23c will work with SiSoft 195-200 watt dissipation, I've been searching for a 8-10C sub-ambient solution to accomplish that, or it's equivalent.

Q> In your opinions, can a Swiftech MCW5002-AT, attached to the CPU with a variable voltage controlled by an electronic thermostat (reading the outlet temp), drop the CPU the approx. temp as would an inlet temp of 23c into my 6002-A without causing condensation worries at my Dallas, TX dew-point?

It may well be that dumping the rad and just using a ground loop will better accomplish what I want to do. Those temps seem to stay around 21 C, but before I start digging trenches in the flower beds, I had wanted to ask opinions from some of the experienced members of the forum about a variable voltage TEC solution.

PS - Anybody familiar with http://www.hydrocool.com/Hydrospin.html

/Add: Ideally I was most interested in an affordable "on demand" solution, triggered by inlet or outlet temp, that could be spliced into my existing water circuit. There does not seem to be one except something like an aquarium chiller which is bulky and I would think noisy?

Last edited by DDogg; 10-20-2004 at 09:48 PM. Reason: clarification
DDogg is offline   Reply With Quote