View Single Post
Unread 09-01-2006, 03:12 PM   #1
Joe
The Pro/Life Support System

Default More of what I've been up to.

More of the same... driving around, doing stuff...

Heres a pic from the autoX I ran last weekend:

The car is pretty much in final trim that I wanted to get it to for autoX/track days. Its a Focus SVT and It has H&R Race springs on it (not those all for show sport springs, these are much stiffer, balanced, and not a stupid big drop, these are meant for racing and performance driving and not comfort or looks). Koni adjustable struts on all 4 corners, a custom 1" thick solid 3 position rear sway bar, Leo Capaldi racing Camber plates, and some other goodies. Its a DAMN fun car to run.

beyond that, nothing really new.. I am upgrading my workstation really for the first time in 5 years I bought my Tyan Thunder K7 board and 2 CPU's back in early 2001 ( I think). I sold that off (in its final form as a 2x Barton 2500+ machine) and went to a single barton 2500+ MATX machine I had. Which is sort of a down grade.

I bought some new gear (after a month of struggle to get hardware shipped) from a Pro/Chat personality and hopefully soon to be writer (warpath). Now I know its not top of the line or shockingly high end, but it will do what I need. Its a 4600+ X2 on an Asus A8N-SLI Premium, with a 7800GTX video card. It should move pretty good I think compared to what my current machine does.

As far as the site goes... I am the only writer currently that has any interest dealing with the site. I just am trying to find the time. Once I find it I can start writing again more and getting stuff posted as funds, product, sponsors, and my time provide.

ProCooling archive curator and dusty skeleton.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote