Thread: Phase Change
View Single Post
Unread 08-20-2002, 11:03 PM   #98
|PuNiSh3R|
Foo's Been Banned

Bowman.. That's kick man.. I am just about finished tonite with my system.. I got a nice R-12 compressor from a frige the other night.. it's either 1/4hp or 1/3hp.. anyone know how much power an R-12 1/4 or 1/3HP compressor takes??

I seem to have some type of gelatenous blockage in my cap tube.. which isn't sounding to good..

I was running this sytem in an r-134a compressor which uses ester oil.. now that I am using the R-12 compressor it uses mineral.. well ester and mineral don't mix well..

I cleaned out my condensor.. I vac'd it.. ran water through it.. then I vac'd it again and blasted it with my torch.. so no water in it.. I use an industrial size vac pump as well.. so it really pulls the suck..

I also did this on the evaporator with the cap tube in place.. I was sucking through the cap tube though.. I hooked the vac pump up to the suction side of the evaporator.. so .. not sure exactly what is wrong.. I hope that none of the ester mixed with the mineral oil.. or some crap.. Unless.. There must of been some water in the cap tube.. came in through the condensor.. mixed with the ester oil.. and made that vaseline line stuff that is coming out.. not sure.. I'll find out more later..

Oh, 8ball.. before you waste your cash on a hold over plate.. don't do it.. You only need one of them in systems that cycle.. your compressor won't cycle.. there is absolutely no need for one.. Unless.. you already have it .. and or it was free.. It might help your efficiency some though.. cut down on the compressor load.. letting the compressor not work so hard..
|PuNiSh3R| is offline   Reply With Quote