View Single Post
Unread 04-02-2003, 05:36 PM   #109
Graystar

Quote:
Originally posted by nicozeg
I just realized why this block created all that struggle; It defies one of the greatest non written laws of the USA: “Bigger is better”
Yeah. First it was "it will never work because of blah blah blah..." and now it's "it's not working as well as you think because of blah blah blah..."

Quote:
I don’t care if it’s the performance king or not, the greatness of this design is in the ease of making. Lots of DIYers don’t even have a drill press, and really like a low tools design with decent performance.
You hit the nail right on that head. That was the original intent...something that's easy to make, cheap, and usable. One of the reasons I designed it this way was that I have 8 noisy processors here I need to cool! With 32 bucks worth of copper from OnlineMetals I have enough material to experiment and then outfit all my computers with a block.

I'm hoping to cool 6 computers with one big pump and rad. My main computer (with 2 processors) will get a smaller pump and rad. So far things are shaping up! And don't forget the fun factor in making your own block! I certainly hope people give it a try.
Graystar is offline   Reply With Quote