View Single Post
Unread 09-17-2005, 09:44 AM   #11
Hansfragger
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbartuska
Strange? I use about 8-1/2' too!

I posted pics of my 1st build, also my 1st attempt at watercooling.
http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=11688
I mainly posted pics to show examples of a few items I built that were not commercially available, and or some mods I performed that might help anyone who had run into the same problems. I was embarressed of my res, a hunk of junk Angel eye that was made very poorly by the manufacturer. It was the only res on the market that I could find that would allow me to run the tubing where I needed to. I drilled and tapped new mounting holes and filled araeas inside with epoxy to try and redirect the flow to reduce restriction in the flow path. Everyone on these forums had been so helpful to me that I wanted to add my humble contribution.
1) Modded DD Maze4 GPU hold down studs to allow Swiftech NB cooler.
2) Built 1/2" ID pci pass through plate.
3) Built multi desity foam, multi material DDC pump mount housing to completely eliminate all pump vibrations without holding heat in pump(I have since modified the mount so nothing is blocking airflow around the pump).
4) Built a rheostat to control speed of pump.

There was a total of about 9.5 feet. I recently rerouted the tubing which removed about a foot. I am in the process of buiding a reservoir using a pvc electrical J-box. I am also changing all of my clear tubing out for colored tubing.
There are 2 drawbacks to using Fluid-XP. First, the inside of clear tubing looks terrible after about a month. second, when I removed a section of tubing after a few months of use, looking into the end of the tube I could actually see raised clumps of deposits, similar to sand banks in a river bed. I don't think this coolant would work very well with any blocks that have small holes, unless the pressure created by the design of the block would be enough to clean itself.
When I finish Rev2 of my build I will post new pics, if anyone is interested.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7.JPG (53.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 4b.jpg (55.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 6c.jpg (117.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg MVC-003F.JPG (72.3 KB, 11 views)
PC P&C 750, ASUS DVD R/RW,
Velociraptor 300, Raptor 74,
Storm rev2, modified Laing DDC,
modified HL BI2 Extreme, 7/16 ID Tygon,
modified DD res, PC ICE, TT liquid temp monitor
Hansfragger is offline   Reply With Quote