View Single Post
Unread 01-02-2006, 12:16 PM   #101
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Default Re: product testing today – who is being served ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillA
"If we start with one target, i.e. being able to measure a die/cpu temp accurately and repeatably within 1.0 deg C (which is rough, but it's a start), then I believe that the discussion can proceed."

3 lines of text and you fell off the rails
properly define the goal please

Ben
procooling does not need a position (there is no single CORRECT solution)
those wanting to do something will gather what info they need and proceed
you will have to make your own choices, then do battle with those wanting the temp from a different spot
Yes, the goal needs to be defined. What is the goal and why. I can think of 3 different goals all requiring 3 different solutions.

I thought the goal was posted in the first post by Bill of this thread. A platform all reviewers can use that is reasonably affordable.

The reasonably affordable part is the huge issue though. Some think $0 is reasonable and other may think $2K+ is reasonable.

This is why I stated what I did on post 44 http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/sho...3&postcount=44

Then Bill states what he did in post 45 that really makes no sense to me. If we don't know what people are whiling to pay then how can we establish a platform?

Tolerable cost is in the eye of the reviewer not us. That is why I suggested getting the reviewers perspective on what they would pay for and then average the results and work with that.

As far as I can tell from reading hundreds of reviews over the years the reviewer is going to spend about $100 more than the cost of the computer at most. That is why I said what I said in post 39. We are at $500 in that post + the computer - dP. I do not see people spending that kind of money on their review bench.

If we are going to cater a bench to the reviewers then it will pretty much have to be a method to get the best results with just the computer itself with no additional hardware. Let's face it, most reviewers are not pH, BillA, Robotech or Roscal caliber and have no desire to be or have the time or resources to be.
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote