View Single Post
Unread 05-27-2004, 04:15 PM   #43
Jabo
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les
Poiseuille's Law only applies to laminar flow - see for example the link I gave.
Yes, but to get any idea of how the whole thing works that's the best equations I know for allowing to understand basic relationships.
We all know that turbulent flow in heat ecxchangers is what we are after.
I never attempted to give Poiseuille's Law as an universal fluid flaw description tool. It is useful with arriving at turbulent flow. After critical Re value is reached we are in deep $hit as far as mathematical description of such flow conditions is concerned.
There are two ways of approaching this (well three if you account for expriments). One is probabilistic apporach where you use massive number crunchin power to predict where groups of/single particles are at the moment, their velocity vector and calue.
The second one is simply calculating movements of each and every particle of coolant - number crunching power neded is mind gobbling here but calcs are extremely simple. I just wonder if it would be possible to limit number of calcs by entertaining nono-scale model where number of molecules is extremely limited