Email

To:
dano@dangerden.com

CC:
liquid3d@madshrimps.be
jmke@madshrimps.be

Quote:
Hi Dano,

I am writing to you about the reviews by Liquid3D on the MadShrimps Website.

What concerns me, is not the writing style or even how exactly the testing is conducted (although there is room for improvement). What concerns me is the objectivity. This is something that needs to be present, and if it is not, it does not look well upon the reviewer or the supplier of the products being reviewed. When I see a biased review, I discount the reviewer as an good reviewer, and look unfavourably upon the manufacturer. As a supplier of products to reviewers, Danger Den carries a responsibility to assure that their products aren't being simply promoted, rather than reviewed. Unless of course the company does not want the respect of consumers.

The review that prompted me to write this email is the review of the DDC pump. My issue is that the review has far too much focus on the DD TDX block. Considering that it is a water pump review and that there are two images of the DDC, and three of the TDX, plus one of a GPU block. To me this appears as if there is absolutely a breach of objectivity. It looks like a shameless plug for another product. To me this review reads like an advertisement for Danger Den.

I have no issues with DD advertising its products. But when reviews become advertisements I do have issues. When I read a review to determine weather or not to purchase a product, I want something that is objective, not an advertisement. DD has quality products, and doesn't need to lower itself to reviews like this.

So please advertise, but don't let reviewers advertise in their reviews, as it looks poorly upon both parties, and I think is extremely unprofessional.

- 9mmCensor
9mmCensor is offline   Reply With Quote