Thread: A Computer Case
View Single Post
Unread 12-13-2005, 03:17 PM   #31
Angry_Steel
Cooling Neophyte

Default Re: A Computer Case

Latest Update

Sorry for the delay to anyone who has been following this thread, Ive had other things going on and havent had a chance to update anything. Here is the latest happenings along with a couple of pictures. Better pictures soon when I drag the thing outside.

Ive continued work on the top case where the main components will go. Originally I had sheet steel to plate the entire inside of the case with. Unfortunately, with the high humidity here and being close to the coast with the salt air, I had immediate flash rust on the first piece that I attempted to use. I switched to 1mm Aluminum, but I first had to get the piece of steel off after using professional contact cement. Here are some pics of the results.

Needless to say it took quite a lot of effort to get that damn thing off. Then I had to clean off all the contact cement which took a half a bottle of Acetone, 3 razor blades, and a lot of elbow grease.

After that I started cutting the Aluminum and fitting it to the panels. I have most of the Aluminum cut and have been alternating between painting it and cementing it.

The power supply box is fitted to the top and is plated with aluminum and painted black. The whole inside will be painted. More pics when I can get better lighting outside tommorow.
Angry_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote