Unread 11-29-2004, 09:12 AM   #93
Bugsmasher
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimrod_o
O.k. here is some more information and it definetly looks good:

Panworld 50PXZ - AC Pump.
Input watts=65 Output=45
Just wondering where ya found these numbers Nim. I was just talking to NPI which distributes the Panworlds (they have em in stock) and was given an Input value of 55 watts and an Output of 20 watts which would keep the AC variant within the preferred wattage ratings for pumps. If its indeed 65/45 then it falls well outside.

***EDIT***

Found it!
I think those Input/Output values you were using were for their higher flow pumps- the 50PX-N and 50PX-X-N which both have 65/45 values. The 50PX-Z does indeed have a 55/20.

The 50PX-Z has the following values -
@2500rpm 4.8m head/9.5lpm
@3000rpm 6.7m head/11lpm

It *sounds* like a great pump. Right on par with the Iwaki 20Z series. The downside is that its one-at-a-time costs are higher than the Iwaki 20Z with the American motors by about $12. The specs are almost mirror images so there is very little to differentiate between the two pumps. It does cost less than the Japanese motored Iwaki 20Z however which does sound nice. Lastly they are supposedly slightly more quiet than the Iwakis. I dont personally know so thats purely what I have read/been told by people with a slightly biased viewpoint (Panworld distributors/salespersons).

Lastly there is a definite upside in that these pumps are in stock and readily availabe from www.npipump.com

Last edited by Bugsmasher; 11-29-2004 at 09:29 AM.
Bugsmasher is offline   Reply With Quote