View Single Post
Unread 07-13-2004, 11:22 AM   #10
BalefireX
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered
after your super contribution to pH, I should help

most often the difference between the 2 is a push, higher dissipation offset by higher flow resistance
each rad design is unique, and for best performance should be carefully matched to a fan having the 'correct' characteristics (given the system design basis)

how is a DIYer going to do such ?
yet the DIY superiority myth continues . . . . .

ooh.. impressively done - a helpful answer without giving out any numbers that could compromise your competitive position. I think you are partially right in your assessment that DIY cannot compete - without the testing and or technical experience, it is hard to do things effeciently, but DIY has the advantage of being able to use brute force - enthusiasts are often willing to sacrifice their space, ears, and pocketbooks for improved performance. I'm sure that your design wrings every ounce of performance out of a predetermined cost, space and noise envelope, but can you compete with a pair of dual heatercores and 8 120mm deltas? Either way, you've gotten the little gears upstairs turning - going to do a little more digging on static pressure.