Thread: New daughter
View Single Post
Unread 03-05-2004, 09:10 AM   #209
Brians256
Pro/Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempus
WOW! Thats excellent progress. Its amazing what she's able to do.

I'm glad you are holding up well and in good spirits. I can only guess how draining its all been. Stay strong man. Is there a place we can send cards?
It is nothing short of a miracle, in my opinion. The low point was when the nurses were getting me ready for a funeral, and now it seems she might recover significantly (whatever that means). It turns out my next-door neighbor was a managing nurse at a "sub-acute rehabilitation center" in Seattle, which is just like the RIO (Rehabilitation Institute of Oregon) that my wife is in. Talk about coincidence? I just found that out last night. She was saying that Heather's recovery is amazingly rapid, considering the size of her bleeds. All I can say is that I saw them on the MRI and CAT scans myself, so I know they were as large as the doctors said. She also said that the doctors never admit that things like this might be the result of God, since it runs counter to their philosophy. Turns out that most neurologists and neurosurgeons have quite the arrogant attitude (after all that schooling and such). Well, I believe. The doctors can believe what they want, but this has been very atypical recovery.
Brians256 is offline   Reply With Quote