View Single Post
Unread 10-18-2002, 07:17 AM   #76
morphling1
Cooling Savant

Great progress man. One question for the last two weeks I've been running my computer with chilled water 11-16°C, and after seeing how great it worked under those temps. even memory went higher because of water cooled nb. and no problems with condensation, I think I've changed my mind a little, and now believe that water chiller that would keep my water 5-10°C would be realy great and more than enough for me, condensation problems would be also very easy to control at those temps. Now I want to know what do you think about heat exchanger chiller, basicaly what I mean is that water will get chilled only by running through chiller with inline pump and no res. so amount of water in this sistem wouldn't be more then 1L . Is this doable, I want to have everything as compact as possible so i don't want res. If I would have thermostat in the water to keep my water at 5°C do you think that will cause compressor to turn on/off to often? How would you keep water to ~ constant temp so that I could have long lasting compressor ?
I believe 24/7 running the compressor is better then on/off cycling right.
morphling1 is offline   Reply With Quote