View Single Post
Unread 09-03-2002, 07:13 PM   #14
V12|V12
Cooling Savant

Okay I see what you mean about the pressure lossage: The flow rate (though I don't have a meter) is still at least above 200GPH, I ASSume!lol, The pic that I posted about the changed flow route is what I"ll try, seems to be the best solution, though the Radiator will gobble up some flow rate too, probably not as much as my Res...?

I'll tell ya what though, having the res on top and external with a clear top makes the tranquil, water running down a steam sound, it's kinda neat... Now that I think about it, I'm going to add a little Candy to it and drill in a BLue or Green LED (though I'm not for candy, it would look nice at night).

I might also try the old flow route of having the Pump-->CPU---Rad-->Res...since that would yield the most flow-rate through the block... but It just takes SO much time to drain, take apart all the tubes, re-grease and seal stuff etc...

If anyone's handy with MS-Paint and could throw out a couple flow designs AND I'm going to need to find a spot to put a drain valve or something, cause right now it's going to be a BEAR to drain! I didn't think about that when I started (DOH!)
THanks all for the helpful replies!
--1/2" Vinyl tubes
--Via1300-Stealth Mod(QUIET!)
---Home made copper-tube block
---PVC small internal res
V12|V12 is offline   Reply With Quote