View Single Post
Unread 12-29-2003, 05:25 PM   #20
Gooserider
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Aardil:
Gooserider, My quick drawing, I must agree would most likely be a very large airtrap . The purpose of this design was to try and drive home the point that it HAS TO HAVE a larger intake hose. So I drew it up using the shortest length hose and fewest bends possible. This is probably alot closer to what would really work
I agree Aardil, the new improved drawing is much better... The only thing I would possibly do is make sure the hose coming out of the CPU block looped up a little bit above it before heading down...

I may be over paranoid, but I worry about air getting caught in awkward places in the loop, so I try to set up my loops so they are self purging if possible. If I can't get that, I at least try to make any air get trapped where it is visible and will do the least possible amount of harm. Since air trapped in a CPU block can drastically reduce it's cooling ability and cause system damage, I want to get any possible air out of the block and into a tube above it. (If not doing a res, that loop up is a great place to put a "T-line" for purging and filling.

Gooserider