View Single Post
Unread 02-12-2004, 02:21 PM   #2
Zogthetroll
Cooling Savant

"The combination of turbulent impingement, and rapid bi-lateral uptake through twin outlets, make the RBX a formidable contender. However that is not where the design simply, rests on its laurels. For those whom believe the inlet simply "dumps" water into the block, and Dander Den engineer's merely cross their fingers, your sorely mistaken. And added feature of each nozzle is its isolation gasket, which by Danger Den's description prevents "blow-back." Albeit blow-back or impingement isolation disruption, one wants to control the water's impingement down to the very point in the block located directly above the CPU core. The photo below exemplifies this aspect of the design. The gasket not only keep's the intake isolated, but the nozzle resting above the heat-void (cups) ensures maximum isolation is attained;"

HUH??? sounds like somebody swallowed a dictionary before sitting down to write this. I also liked the comment about how DD's engineers should be applauded for the amount of work that went into the block, only moments before having said how they simply combined some of the top-performing blocks on the market. uh, make up your mind there. You know pH, you're probably going to regret posting this link once the wb testing obsessed masses here at procooling get their teeth into this one. that or you're just stiring things up. hehe.

"Unfortunately I don't have a Compu-nurse for this test, however; we can still obtain accurate data. Although the motherboard thermistor can be inaccurate compared to real-world temps, were not measuring real-world temps. We’re measuring the ability of the RBX to remove heat from a CPU by virtue of its accelerator nozzles. As long as all parameters remain constant especially the motherboard thermistor reading, the nozzles become the only variables."

yeah, ok, I had to include this as well. that's enough for me now.

Clear Cube
XP2000, 256Mb Ram, 32x CDR, 40Gb HD
Zogthetroll is offline   Reply With Quote