View Single Post
Unread 04-06-2003, 01:07 AM   #117
Tuff
Cooling Savant

Quote: That last one has me perplexed. The Danner has more than twice the flow and pressure but it didn't make any difference. Some might say pump heat but the other pump was submerged and the Danner was inline. This is something I need to investigate.

I think I might be able to answer this one...It is my understanding that you can only draw so much heat from the cpu to the waterblock...ie..efficiency of the waterblock. You will have to change the design of your block or Tweak it a bit more.

OR

The water currently being used has drawn all the heat it can from the surface area of the block.

So if you have a pump that meets the spec's already for the removal of heat...the higher rate and pressure pump will not remove anymore heat and would be considered overkill.

Basically it sounds like you have hit the peak performance of your waterblock.

Hmm...I will try to explain this better.

Lets say your cpu is capable of producing 50 watts of heat...and your water block is capable of removing 30 watts of heat under the right conditions...IE water flow...pressure...Rad Perf and water temp.

At this point no mater what outside changes you make other than maybe original water temp..you will not be able to remove anymore heat by changing flow or pressure.

I am going to go out on a limb here....and say...Each waterblock that is made will have a predetermined amount of heat it CAN remove under excellent conditions.

I may be wrong..its just a theory.

Tuff

Last edited by Tuff; 04-06-2003 at 01:15 AM.
Tuff is offline   Reply With Quote