View Single Post
Unread 09-14-2006, 07:29 AM   #54
DVL73
Cooling Neophyte

Default Re: watercooling lost its magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag
The truth is that very few people see a WCing setup as a reliable cooling solution, and therefore have a lot of resistance towards its use.
As BillA so eloquently wrote and quote: "the aggregate MTBF of 3 fans will always exceed by far any WCing system".
I simply don't understand why people are moaning about the WC stability and especially adding the MTBF in equasion. I've seen so many cases of cheapo fans dying on the CPU heatsink (mostly because of the dust and quality issues) and messing up the system. GPU sector is another story too.

Self contained, properly built, low maintenance WC loop will last for a years to come and what everyone is forgetting is that because of lower WC average temperatures of other system components (CPU/GPU) they will last longer and their MTBF is improved. How many cases of the DDC faults we have seen, if we exclude the usual user faults ? Are your cars safe and reliable ? cooling of the engine is based on the same principle.

Personally, I don't see much practical sense in BillA statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag
All of a sudden some users here just opened their eyes and realised that aircooling is the better option when not so long ago, these same people were marvelled and even went as far as buying mills.
Is this logical?
Logic is simple. Passion and excitement is gone. At some point in your life, I guess that you are more concentrated on the practical things and as Marci said things that are more important in life ... It's very individual, but on the other hand it's perfectly normal.

It's not important if someone throw the hands up in the air and give up. Important thing is what they done and what they left behind. That may include the inspiration too, for the youngsters.
DVL73 is offline   Reply With Quote