View Single Post
Unread 09-10-2002, 06:47 AM   #22
Volenti
Cooling Savant

Results!

with a water temp of 24.4 degrees my p4 1.8@2.64, 1.8v idles at 36 degrees, 1 degree above my other blocks,not too bad.

load's a different story, using a cpu burn proggie the temps shoot up to 42 degrees and just as suddenly stop there, quite funny really, I'm like "shit !shit!" as I start the burn proggie and see the temps race up but then see them stablize so fast, like it hit a wall or something.(my other blocks only rise ~3 degrees above idle temp under load)

Now for the part that's really interesting

The pump-block pushes around 200L/H, I hooked up a larger pump in my res in series with the pump block (a 700L/H 1m head pump) brining the flow rate up to ~550L/H

I fired up the cpu burn proggie to see if the added flow made any difference, 0, nada, zilch, still 42 degrees, hmm I thought. I then turned off the pump block (with every thing still going)overall flow was barely affected, however the temps rose 2 degrees without the pump-block active, I checked this several times.

Conclusion;

The pump-block, running by it's self, achieves load temps 2 degrees lower than when it's off and passing over twice the water flow of when it's on.

Like that bigben2k?

Keep in mind that this block was built solely to test a theory, and it's surface area is deliberatly small to make the results more pronounced.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pump_block_mounted.jpg (39.8 KB, 498 views)