View Single Post
Unread 02-21-2005, 03:26 PM   #36
Belenar
Cooling Neophyte

Well, I'm not an expert. But it seems to me that C-Systems has realised that the original CSP had things that could be improved (I'm not going to pronounce myself about the quality of the original 750, because I don't have the numbers). They have changed a lot and as far as I can tell everything that has reported problems on the old CSP, has been replaced by other solutions in the new one.
Time will tell if this pump stands the test, but I think there is no need to be negative about it before it even hits the shelves. After all, they ARE trying to make a pump that fits our needs. And as far as I'm concearned, that should be a good thing.
And even Bill found out the hard way that promises on paper aren't allways what they seem ... that goes for every product. The only way to know is putting them in real life situations and see what happens. But I think we ought to be optimistic here ... If the MAG turns out not to be the perfect watercooling pump yet, it sure is a step in the right direction.
C-Systems itself seems to be pretty confident about the pump, offering a 30 month warranty. This could be marketing just to make us believe it is a good pump, but I doubt that any company would give such a warranty on a product they know is prone to failure.