View Single Post
Unread 11-05-2004, 09:32 PM   #53
Blackeagle
Thermophile

In so far as the amount of power used, and heat added to water, I see what you are driving at Cathar.

But 2 X 50Z => $160.00 USD + 30$ for power adaptor........and if you need a separate PSU to run the dual pumps, or just a bit larger & higher quality PSU to be sure of all working well...$$ more. So while the 2 X 50Z @13.8v will perform, they also cost at the same level as the MD30, or depending on PSU extra cost.......even a bit more.

The above is getting expensive quick. At this point the MD20Z is looking better when costs of such set ups are factored in.

The estimate you used for the 4 X 12cm fan rad seems to sell the core short of what I would expect of it. But such are estimates. And I understand you used the 120.3 figure as it's a solid set of numbers for the comparison. But a higher performing rad would reduce the pump heat effect of the larger pumps more. I'll have one before much longer, then I'll have a chance to see how good it is.

Not really fair for anyone to expect Cathar to have exact numbers in a thread asking questions regarding pumps not originally part of his test, or rads he doesn't have & his article isn't done yet anyhow.....gets crazy sometimes.

Will look forward to the finished article Cathar.
Blackeagle is offline   Reply With Quote