View Single Post
Unread 03-11-2003, 08:36 AM   #21
Volenti
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by MadDogMe
But will it reach those speeds without the torque?, once the waters 'load' is added?...
yea for sure when it's loaded up the speed will drop, but if it's doing 9700rpm with the bare hub in the water then if we aim for around 4000-5000rpm loaded up then we should be able to pump a reasonable amount of water.

here is a concept drawing of what I think will work;

blue is water passege, green is impeller , red is the 12v motor, the impeller is made up of 2 discs of 2'' in diameter, and about 1/12'' thick, with a similar gap between them, the disc closest to the intake has a hole in the middle, make this around the same dia as the intake, that disk can be attached to the main disk by a couple of pins or similar.

edit, forgot to add, this design is based on the principle that a centrifical pump works by spinning the water in the impeller chamber, which then forces it's way out of the tangental exit of the pump, which creates a vacume that sucks more water into the intake.

edit again, the impeller assembly of the high head iwaki pumps is very similar in principle to this, it's where I got the idea from.

Last edited by Volenti; 03-11-2003 at 08:43 AM.
Volenti is offline   Reply With Quote