View Single Post
Unread 09-04-2005, 03:38 AM   #20
Shoebox9
Cooling Neophyte

Hmm, not just a scientist, but a philosopher as well…! By comparison I'm a mere grasshopper- this is my first step into water cooling, let alone TEC's.

I currently have a h/drive sitting in the fridge. The drive is quite cold, but so far I haven't been able to find any condensation on it, even with the fridge door being constantly opened, letting in warm moist air. I wipe it with a tissue but no water. Yet there's tons of condensation on the cooling plate at the back of the fridge- some times icy, some times it just beads or runs down to a collection tray. If the h/drive was warm/hot, this should work even better (I imagine).

I guess I'm thinking of turning my case into a fridge. But what happens when I power down? As the drives, PSUs, etc, cool, and the water re-evaporates into the air from the cold plate, will dew form anywhere nasty then? I don't know is if I need a large chunk of metal inside, to act as a cold storage buffer, or a really thin cold plate, so it will warm up at a similar rate to the components.

Any ideas?
Shoebox9 is offline   Reply With Quote