View Single Post
Unread 06-01-2003, 08:46 PM   #175
sevisehda
Cooling Savant

I've always preferred bong coolers because the go slightly below ambient. Skip down if you don't want to read about my current bong. I have a closed loop to gather heat from the system, it them runs through a spiral of tubes in the bottom of my bong. A eperate pump cools the bong water. Same principal as a nuclear reactor. Since I use aditives in my coolant i don't have to worry about them evaperating. Having 2 seperate circuits has worked well for me so far.

In my opinion faster is better in both block and Rad, in a very fast system the water may only heat up a few C so from entry to exit theres little variation, also if you circulate this into another cooler IE GPU or HD those are cooler. Same fast flow rate goes for teh core as well.

If you needed fast to gain heat and slow to release it. You could have a resevor with dual pumps. One high flow one to get heat and a second slow one to pump it to the radiator. The mixing of the water in the Res should keep the water pretty equal in temp. Similar to the circulatory system in the body. Not all the blood goes the kidneys but because it continually mixed its all constantly cleaned.
sevisehda is offline   Reply With Quote