View Single Post
Unread 12-02-2004, 11:03 AM   #130
DDogg
Cooling Neophyte

Oh lordie lord, I'm perplexed that my semi-dumb question stirred up a ruckus. Probably time for cool heads to prevail. Both you guys have major experience in the ways of forums and know this type of thing is always a lose-lose scenario for all parties concerned.

As a semi-ignorant representing many of the readers, I think can tell you what I have taken from all this. As a simple minded single pump buyer looking for a good powerful pump, I would buy the AQX-50Z because of Cathar's clear recommendation and the seemingly near perfect specs, but - and I think this is important - because of the fact that it has been vetted and the pump head redesigned with the input of Bill who knows his stuff (kind of ironic). I'm willing to risk a minor chance of electronic failure if it exists because it does not concern me as an enthusiast who monitors his equipment constantly. The 2 year warranty doesn't hurt a bit either. Same reason I push my CPU to 2.1 volts, I accept it may crater at some time in the future. As an enthusiast that makes me no difference.

However, if I were doing OEM production of a prepackaged cooling solution (or a distributor of one), I would have to go with the Liang. Absolute unattended reliability would have to be the central decision maker in that situation. That is really all I 'heard' Bill to be saying - although sure there may have been a slight FUDish flavor to the words.

Bill clearly said, several times, it [AQX-50Z] is a good pump now. He also implied (my read only), that Swiftech can't afford to have any more pump problems as a major distributor, hence the choice of the Liang. That is clear (to me) in these quotes -

Bruce said - "As shown in this particular thread, it's the best freakin' pump for WCing."
Bill said - "less the characteristic of reliability
as I said, reliability is not the greatest concern for all (and I cited Danner users as an example)"

I'm only posting this because of a feeling I caused tension with my question and to point out that neither of you have suffered any business hurt to one another (to anybody reading the thread closely). Each product is needed and has a market specific to its market definition.

Maybe just let it be, guys? (and don't throw rocks at me please).

Last edited by DDogg; 12-02-2004 at 11:19 AM.
DDogg is offline   Reply With Quote