View Single Post
Unread 04-18-2005, 11:24 AM   #107
starbuck3733t
Cooling Savant

Money shot - oooh baby!

(And you can see all the wiring because the side of the case is open - that'll be taken care of once I put all the stuff back in).

Font test on the display (well, by fonttest.bmp from my custom VFD software)

And the same thing without flash. The color here is more true to life, but its a bit blurry minus the flash)

Now... how to keep that door closed.
Magnets! The wife was kind enough to donate some of that magnet-on-a-roll to my project. It's not in one continuous piece because it would interfere with the cages/rails for the drive mounts, so it has to be cut up into evenly spaced pieces.

On the side.

On the top (I can have a big piece there since there's no drive or cage in that spot)

So that's that for this update. I haven't mounted the touch keys (as I'm sure its obvious what those round holes below the VFD are for) because I can't permanently attach the top face plate yet. That would make painting the bottom more difficult, so I'll hold off on them for now. So my next immediate step is to glue to the bottom in place after getting everything nice and clean. Then, I suppose, its off to paint. I take forever doing paint, because I finally HAVE to commit to my window design (which still ain't cut!)

Feedback, please. Even if it's just "wow" or "that's ugly"...
Goliath: 3.4E@3.91/Abit IC7, Maze4 (temporarily) + custom splitter to crazy 4-way watercooling parallel loop: X800XT @ 520/1280 + AC Twinplex, AC Twinplex Northbridge, Silenstar Dual HDD Cooler, Eheim1250, '85 econoline van HC + 2x120, 1x120 exhaust - polished aluminum frame panaflo L1As, 2x18GB 10K RPM U160 SCSI, 4GB PC4000.

I wanna be BladeRunner when I grow up!

Project Goliath - nearing completion.
starbuck3733t is offline   Reply With Quote