View Single Post
Unread 05-17-2005, 08:39 PM   #113
starbuck3733t
Cooling Savant

"Movement!"
Yeah, like in the alien movies... just when you think there's nothing around, there looks like there's nothing around, and all is calm, a blip on the tactical scanner appears. In this case, the blip is this meager update.

Front Panel Glue-Up

After thinking about it for a good long while, I decided that using goop to glue the bottom outer plate to the base frame (to augment the set screw fasteners) wasn't such a bad idea. Off I went...

Off the front of the box, set screws removed.

Wiping down the surface with a tack-cloth

Goop! (Plumbers and all the other varieties, it's basically all the same.) This stuff is nice and sticky and should bond the front together no-problem.

Goop Applied

Parts mated together... at which point I put the set screws back in so that everything lines up A-OK.

Cover in a rag, wood blocks to distrubte the weight, and weights plus some extra 'liquid' weight.

The whole thing stuck together just fine, but you'll have to wait till I get the set screw holes bondo'd shut and the whole thing shot with automotive (lacquer) primer before I show it again.

Front Ports

Before when I sleeved and extended the front panel firewire and USB I never dyed the parts. Zittware's "Dye Everything" attitudte motivated me to go back and dye it black.

Taped up and ready for dye

All dyed up

Edit: Fixed Image tag locations... doah!
Goliath: 3.4E@3.91/Abit IC7, Maze4 (temporarily) + custom splitter to crazy 4-way watercooling parallel loop: X800XT @ 520/1280 + AC Twinplex, AC Twinplex Northbridge, Silenstar Dual HDD Cooler, Eheim1250, '85 econoline van HC + 2x120, 1x120 exhaust - polished aluminum frame panaflo L1As, 2x18GB 10K RPM U160 SCSI, 4GB PC4000.

I wanna be BladeRunner when I grow up!

Project Goliath - nearing completion.

Last edited by starbuck3733t; 05-17-2005 at 09:45 PM.
starbuck3733t is offline   Reply With Quote