View Single Post
Unread 03-31-2003, 02:12 PM   #90
Graystar

Quote:
Originally posted by Since87
Ok, I guess I wasn't being very direct. Here you go:

You don't know the amount of heat that is conducting through the base of your waterblock, and you don't actually know the temperature of your CPU.

Therefore your C/W calculation is meaningless in any absolute sense.

Better?
Yes, much better than that beating-around-the-bush stuff.

While running the CPU Burn-in software that winwood suggested, my temperature seemed to drop by a degree. I shut that down and started folding again. Now my temperature is back up by a degree. This tells me that I'm running at a very high usage, so I know that the power consumption is somewhere between typical (61.7) and max (67.9) watts, probably much closer to max. Will using the average of the two make you happy. Probably not.

I go by the internal die diode because I have no other way. However, most people use the same method. That makes our results *relatively* comparable. I never said my results are absolute. If you had bothered to read the previous postings, you'd know that I was simply posting the numbers in response to a suggestion given by bigben2k. I was not trying to make some out-of-the-blue claim to being the best waterblock available. I know that it isn't.

How about making some constructive comments?
Graystar is offline   Reply With Quote