View Single Post
Unread 08-26-2005, 07:30 AM   #33
dacooltech
Pro/Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhsub1
Being that the clear plate is sandwiched between the top and the base, they should be fine. Very nice looking block Bruce! Hope it does well for you.
Thanks Scott, I hope so too

Quote:
All versions come with a clear plastic accelerator nozzle?

I think some people may not be happy with that, hopefully that is not the case. Or will there not be problems? Not that I have a problem with the clear plastics but others may.
Ls7corvete, like Nikhsub1 posted, we are talking about a plastic mid plate here not a threaded acrylic top with barbed fittings. Acrylic is easy to machine, reduces the overall weight of the block, and costs... besides it looks good. Again, since the acrylic is not tapped for barbed fittings, it works just fine...
Unlike polycarbonate even tapped acrylic tops (if done correctly) just work fine too. We've been offering DD TDX and RBX blocks with acrylic tops and straight threaded barbs for quite some time now, and never received a single RMA (if any customers contacted DD directly, I wouldn't know though)

We may offer an optional nickel plated brass mid plate as well (if there's a lot of requests for it), but I don't think it will do any better, other than increasing the cost.

On a side note, I tested copper and brass mid plates as well, and performance-wise there's no difference.