View Single Post
Unread 12-05-2002, 08:51 PM   #104
bowman1964
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by Brians256
What did you do? Did you reduce the capillary tube length or increase the amount of refrigerant charge? It sounds like you are getting higher refrigerant flow but also lower suction vacuum (higher pressure at the suction side of the compressor).
well i did reduce the capillary lengh.refridgerant charge is set to keep a soild liquid flow to capillary tubes no more no less.i use a sight glass mounted 1 inch over the lowest point before going into the drier.this asures me of a good steady flow.capillary tubes are then doing what they are suposed to be doing.giving a mesured amount of refridgerant flow into my evaperators (cpu and chiller)since mine unit has 2 evaperators it can be vey tricky getting the right flow to get me the temps i want.this is a problem that does fully load the 1/3 hp compressor i am running.and because i have loaded it so i gained some pressure at suction side of compressor but i ran lower temps in testing weeks ago with a vacumm ,and didnt get the loaded temps i wanted.unloaded temps were -60f but that didnt cool the 80watt pelt too good.so now i run a 80watt pelt for testing and work from that i can keep it at -29c and chiller is going down too -17c (nothing in loop yet) in a hour . i got it right now but i still am testing and adjusting.

p.s i am working on a mouting system right now also.i have hand made a evaperator block inclosure cell.to hopefully make it easyer to control the condensation easer
custom r502 cooling unit

3D2001SE 21315

3DMARK03 6659
bowman1964 is offline   Reply With Quote