View Single Post
Unread 03-28-2006, 01:25 PM   #5
XyBeRWaReZ
Cooling Neophyte

Default Re: Biggest Copper Heatsink?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo5195
see other thread.

Waterchillers are not that efficant and you have to be very very careful that you don't get condensation.

Gernally better (by a long long way) to just mount the pelt on the cpu and have done with it.
I've read a lot of forums and have actually seen pictures of people and thier water chillers. There's even a company that has actually gotten the idea to work and is selling the product right now. Please check out

www.coolitsystems.com

and look at the new Freezone CPU coolers which implement 6 peltiers to chill the liquid. Here is a site that reviewed that product:

http://www.extrememhz.com/freezone-p1.shtml

I don't mind if people have a lot of theories and doubts, but if we don't try, then how are we supposed to break out of the barrier? So my plan is to stick on a pelt on the CPU, and to test out my own design for a water chiller, since it has been proven to work, but hopefully a design I feel is slightly more efficient, I might get better results.
Also condensation won't worry me as I've read up and found instructions on how to insulate the board and the CPU properly as to not have any problems.
Being that I do live in Hawaii, I don't think that it would hurt me any more as temperatures around here average over 30C! At night it doesn't get too much cooler either, so I couldn't say overclocking only at night works much better. Maybe if I lived somewhere like Alaska, then it might not make a huge difference. Since I don't, I have to do something, otherwise my overclocking dream, will only remain a dream.
Also isn't joining a forum, where collective minds all come together with their experiences and knowledge and sharing them what it's for? I'm joined up in quite a few different forums, not only just for overclocking, but other things I have interests in, and I'm always surprised when I see people telling each other to go look for it. Why should I join a forum if I should go look for it myself? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of why I, you, and everyone else who joins the forums?
XyBeRWaReZ is offline   Reply With Quote