View Single Post
Unread 02-11-2004, 02:33 PM   #129
Meethoss
Cooling Savant

There's more to take in to account than that. My current setup (before adding this stuff, which I'm currently doing) was worked out to need over 400W. I have 13 fans in total, including 6 case fans and all the stuff on, plus the usual stuff you mentioned there and I can't remember what else. I don't really care about it though - as long as I have enough to power everything and that which I may add in the future

And as far as generating more heat - yes, that's true, but I don't think it makes that much difference and better PSU's will have quieter ways of cooling better.

Ok, here's the current state of my stuff. I'm currently designing an aluminium box to match my case that my mums boyfriend will make for me. Thinking of having the rad at one end with two fans either side to suck air out, then a piece of metal to make a break, then the ump and res with the piping coming out somewhere else. Probably after those, then I'll have a PSU to power it all rather than having nasty wiring everywhere.

Ok, below is a quick sketch of how it would work.

It's just an idea at the moment. The barbs of the rad would be at the bottom below the shroud/fan. The pump and res would be angled so that the pipe goes between them easily and then I guess I'd take the outlet of the pump up and through the middle seperator and down to the barb. Then I'd have the out of the rad and the in of the res to take out of that case to hook up to the main case.

Does this look like a good idea? What's a good way to have the pipe leaving the case? Could I use some sort of locking mechanisms or anything to easily/quickly seperate it it from the case without mess? Gimme your suggestions