View Single Post
Unread 05-25-2004, 09:47 AM   #39
nightic
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meethoss
I agree - you need to set the rules at the start. Account for everything that may be required. Also, take in to consideration the fact that stuff is a hell of a lot cheaper in the US then here, especially as the exchange rate of £-$ is so good (for importing).
I concur, whichever parts are selected for the larger set-up should be tallied using UK/EU prices.
(Or price the German kit according go the US distributor of the parts).

However, I think both systems need to be commensurate with what a good majority of their advocates are currently using on a daily basis.

I think for the US kit that would entail something like a Cascade/RBX, 1/2" fittings, single 120mm heatercore with 2 medium output axial fans at 12v in a push-pull arrangement, MCP600 pump.

The German systems seem to typically be run with a dual 120mm rad but with 2 fans in a push only configuration.
Add to that PnC or 10mm/8mm ID fittings, an Eheim 1048 and a Nexxxos HP/CC CF1/Cuplex block.

I think the above parts would form representative systems of each of the opposing philiosophies and are certainly consistent with the types of set ups I was thinking of when asking the initial questions.

Last edited by nightic; 05-25-2004 at 10:36 AM.
nightic is offline   Reply With Quote